Roasted Tomato Salsa

Delicious with fish tacos or cuban tacos! You can find my cuban taco recipe on page 110 in my book, and the recipe is in this blog. I have prepared the cuban tacos with shredded pork and chicken. 

In this post, I am sharing the yield and measurements for the salsa I made for this batch, although I think I will reduce it in half for my purposes next time. With only two of us dining, this will last us a good long time.

Roasted Tomato Salsa

Ingredients

  • 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
  • ½ large red onion, cut into wedges
  • ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
  • ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
  • ½ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves - in a pinch, I used 3 tablespoons dried; however, I will plan ahead next time!
  • 1 chipotle chili in adobe sauce, about 1 tablespoon

Directions


Preheat oven to 450°F. Place tomatoes and onion in a shallow baking pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle with salt; shake pan gently to coat. Roast until browned—20 to 30 minutes. 

Remove from oven and let cool. After tomatoes and onion are cooled, process in food processor with chipotle chili until smooth, gradually adding remaining oil with motor running. Serve with fish or cuban tacos. 

Makes 10 to 12 ounces. Store leftovers in fridge.

Another photo of the finished product

Enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions ~

Comments