Green Smoothie

This is a variation of one of the recipes in my book on page 27 (available on Lulu--link in the sidebar, also). As I wrote in my book under this item: "I always start with the milk or yogurt, flaxseed, and the spinach, and then I use whatever ingredients I have on hand." For this beverage, I used the following ingredients. The end result was delicious and filling!


Ingredients
1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 T. flaxseed meal
1 to 2 handfuls of fresh spinach - I used one very large handful
2 handfuls of red seedless grapes
3 to 4 ice cubes

Directions 
Place all ingredients in blender starting with the liquid ingredients. Blend until smooth. 

This will make 1 to 2 beverages, depending how big your handfuls of ingredients are. I used very large handfuls, which made 2 beverages. It was so good, I drank them both!

Comments