Natural Peanut Butter

I shared this idea in the book (page 43) before I had tried it. I made it this week, and I liked it just as much as I thought I would. I am writing this post to share that experience.







Ingredients
16 oz. dry roasted unsalted peanuts
1 T. olive oil - the picture here is with 2 T. olive oil, and I would not use that much next time

Directions
The directions are easy - just blend until smooth; blending for less time, if you like chunky peanut butter.

It took me about 5 to 7 minutes to make this peanut butter. Start with the blender on low, and stop the blender frequently to stir the peanuts down in. I thought it seemed too dry, which is why I added the second tablespoon of oil. I actually should have just stirred it more than I did, and patiently waited for the blending action to catch up. Once the peanuts start to liquify, increase the blender speed and continue blending until desired consistency is reached. We like smooth peanut butter, so I blended it until smooth.

The peanut butter flavor is excellent! The color of the peanut butter is much lighter than what I usually buy in the store (it looks darker in the photo than it is), because no artificial color or ingredients were added. The peanut butter worked very well in a "healthified" cookie recipe I made next.
  

Comments