Sesame Rice Noodles with Shrimp

I do not recall where I found this recipe, but it is a keeper! I have had it for awhile, and this is the first time I made it. Following is my version of this delicious dish!


Close-up of finished dish


Ingredients

  • ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
  • ¼ cup rice vinegar divided - no rice vinegar on hand, so I subbed white wine vinegar with a couple pinches of granulated Stevia
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons sesame or olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup julienned cucumber, peeled, if desired
  • 1 cup peeled and julienned carrots
  • 1 cup julienned radishes
  • 2 scallions, thinly sliced - I used 3 tablespoons mined red onion, and suggest 4 tablespoons
  • ½ lb. brown rice spaghetti or noodles
  • ½ to 1 lb. shrimp - I used 1 lb.
  • 1 teaspoon sesame seeds

Julienned vegetables and type of noodles I used

Directions

In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, 1 tablespoon *vinegar, oil, garlic, honey, and red pepper flakes. In a separate bowl, toss together cucumber, carrots, radishes, scallions, remaining 3 tablespoons *vinegar, and salt. Let stand 10 minutes, tossing occasionally. *Remember to add sweetener, if using white wine vinegar.



Follow package directions to cook noodles to el dente, adding shrimp during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain well, shaking out excess water. 

Add noodle mixture to bowl with vegetables and dressing. Or, stir bowl ingredients into shrimp and noodles, as I did. Toss, top with sesame seeds, and serve.


Enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions.



Comments