Special Sauce for Burgers

If you like the sauce on McDonalds Big Macs try making your own starting with healthier ingredients. Choose products that are low in fat and have no added sugar. This sauce is delicious!

Some of the products I used

Ingredients

  • ⅓ cup olive oil mayo
  • 3 tablespoons no-sugar-added ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon or spicy brown mustard (with no sugar)
  • 2 tablespoons dill pickle, minced fine
  • ¼ teaspoon hot sauce with no sugar - I used Tabasco, which I forgot to include in my photo

Finished product in natural light

Directions


Combine all ingredients in a glass jar and shake well to combine. I combined the ingredients in a small dish, since we planned on using this a few hours after I made it. Shaking it with the lid on combined the flavors well, and I plan to use a glass jar next time. 

Photo taken with the flash on

Store in fridge until ready to use. This is excellent on burgers, sandwiches, and wraps. Enjoy!


Comments