Three-Pepper Salad

I made a slight substitution to this easy salad. Those of you who know me, know that I make do with what I have on hand! I then modified the leftovers with a couple of added ingredients for a different use the next day (info at the bottom of this post).

Ingredients ready for mixing

Ingredients


  • ½ red pepper, chopped
  • ½ green pepper, chopped - I used orange, as I did not have green
  • ½ yellow pepper, chopped
  • ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
  • 1½ teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • Splash balsamic vinegar

Directions

Place chopped vegetables and parsley in a bowl. Top with oil and vinegar, then stir to combine.

Pepper salad after mixing

Let salad set at least 20 minutes to blend flavors. Serve at room temperature or chilled.


We were having Seared Tuna Tacos the day after I made Three-Pepper Salad, so I decided to use the leftover salad as a topping instead of making Pico de Gallo. I diced up some of the larger pepper chunks into smaller pieces, and then added the following:

Pepper salad after ingredients added for tacos


  • Chopped tomato - difficult to see with the red peppers!
  • Cilantro
  • A bit more chopped red onion
  • Chopped jalapeno 
  • Squeeze of fresh lime juice
  • Pinch of kosher salt


This topping was excellent on tacos, and with tortilla chips! Enjoy ~ Let me know if you have any questions.

Comments