Fruit and Greens Salad

I am sharing flavor combination ideas for fruits and veggies together, along with a dressing recipe that compliments both.


Dressing ingredients*


  • ⅓ cup olive or avocado mayo
  • ¼ cup no-sugar added orange juice
  • ¾ to 1 teaspoon stevia
  • 1 teaspoon poppy seeds

*This batch of dressing makes enough for at least 6 salads. We had only 2 salads the day I made it, and I stored the rest in the fridge.


Salad ingredients for 2



  • Couple handfuls of fresh greens - I used a spinach and arugula combination
  • 1 to 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • ½ of a thin slice red onion, then quartered - I subbed white onion in a pinch
  • Handful of berries - I used blueberries this time, although I have previously used strawberries, which are equally delicious 
  • 1 crisp apple, peeled and chopped
  • Blue cheese crumbles - not visible in my photo, because unfortunately, I was out of blue cheese
  • ¼ cup toasted pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped 

Leftover dressing


Directions

To make dressing, combine dressing ingredients in a glass jar. Shake vigorously to combine. Set aside.

Assemble salad ingredients on plates or bowls. Drizzle with dressing, or serve dressing on the side.

Another salad photo before dressing is added

Additional salad topping ideas I have also used (not all together, of course!): dried cranberries or cherries, raisins, mandarin oranges, pepitas, shelled sunflower seeds... 

I welcome your comments and ideas, and feel free to share this post. Enjoy!

Comments