Creamy Fruit Salad

I am always trying to get more fresh ginger and lemon in my diet; especially this time of year when colds and congestion are rampant. Fresh ginger is an excellent accompaniment in this creamy fruit salad.

Creamy dressing

Ingredients for cream dressing

  •  2 tablespoons olive oil mayo
  • ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon natural honey
  • 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger 

Directions

Whisk dressing ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.

Gently fold in desired fruits, which have been cut into bite size pieces. Sprinkle with walnuts, if desired. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 4 hours.

*see note below

For those of you who like measurements, following are the ingredients I used.

  • 1 apple, peeled and cut into chunks
  • ½ cup blueberries
  • 1 orange, peeled and broken into segments
  • generous 1 cup of melon
  • ¼ cup toasted walnuts
  • 1 banana or kiwi, peeled and cut into chunks - missing in my photo, although I wished I'd had one!
*The sauce has a blue tint in the bottom photo because I had a bit of leftover blueberry sauce (similar to simple syrup), and decided to add it to the salad. I thought it tasted better before I did that, because the sauce made the salad less creamy. However, I had not taken a photo of the fruit before adding the sauce.

Enjoy!


Comments