Turkey Meatloaf with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

This is one of my favorite meatloaf recipes. I usually make it with a box of frozen spinach, and this time I used fresh. I used quite a bit of fresh spinach, and it still turned out with amazing flavor!

Meatloaf ready to eat with the sauce


Ingredients

  • ¾ to 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 5 oz. frozen spinach or about 10 oz. fresh spinach
  • 4 oz. low fat mozzarella cheese
  • ¼ cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • ⅓ cup balsamic dressing, divided
  • 6 oz. jar roasted red peppers - I use half of a 12 oz. jar, and freeze the other half

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F. 

Ready for the oven

Mix turkey, well drained spinach, cheese, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, and 2 tablespoons dressing until well blended. Shape into a mound on a baking pan. You can also place mixture in a loaf pan, if you prefer. I think mounding the mixture with no sides creates a crisper and more browned exterior. 

Bake 45 to 50 minutes.

Meanwhile, blend remaining dressing with drained red peppers in blender or food processer. Serve with meat loaf.

Enjoy ~ Let me know if you have any questions!


Comments