Sweet Potato Loaf Bread

We love this bread! Super easy and yummy. After I started to make it, I realized I only had whole-wheat flour at home and no all-purpose flour. Because of this, the bread was a bit crumbly. Still very delicious, though! Swapping out some of the whole-wheat flour for a bit of all-purpose, like I have listed in the recipe below, will firm it up so it is not so crumbly.

Finished photo shopping the bread crumbs

Ingredients

  • 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
  • ½ cup olive oil
  • 2 eggs
  • ¼ cup maple or sugar-free syrup
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar blend
  • 1 cup whole-wheat flour
  • ½ cup flour
  • ½ teaspoon. salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ cup chopped walnuts, optional - I had not planned to put nuts in this bread. I decided to add them at the last minute, so there are not nuts throughout the bread. After trying a piece both ways, I like the nutty pieces better.


Single slice

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.

Beat together the mashed sweet potato, olive oil, eggs, syrup, and water. Beat in the brown sugar blend and then the flour mixture. 

Ready for the oven before I decided to add the walnuts

Pour into prepared baking pan and bake until a cake tester comes out of the center clean—55 to 60 minutes. Turn out of pan and cool on a wire rack.

One more photo

Moist and delicious without butter! Enjoy. Let me know if you have any questions ~

Comments