Crispy Jicama Fries

Wow! This was my first time trying jicama fries, and they were delicious! The following cook times will produce crispy fries, which is our preference, rather than steak fries. 

Jicama fries plated with Moroccan Chicken

Ingredients 

  • Jicama - I used 1 large for 2 of us
  • Olive oil - about 1 tablespoon per large jicama
  • Seasoning of choice: salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, Cajun seasoning, or any combination you prefer - I used about 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning; further information below

Directions

Peel jicama, and slice into matchstick pieces. Bring a pot of water to a boil on stove. Add jicama, and boil gently 7 minutes; strain and place jicama in a bowl with a lid. 

Add olive oil and desired seasonings to bowl. I used about 1 teaspoon of my homemade cajun seasoning mix, which produced spicy fries! Although we both loved them, I think I would probably use a bit less next time. Cover with lid, and shake gently to coat. 

Spread jicama in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated 425° oven until cooked through and crisply browned, about 30 minutes. 

Let me know, if you have any questions. Please feel free to share this post!


Comments