Ginger Roasted Carrots

I created this from a similar recipe I read, and we absolutely love these carrots! They look so much like sweet potatoes, that I think the next time we have them it may be in a dish with potatoes and carrots. Maybe, I will even throw in some butternut squash or apples. 

Ingredients


  • Carrots, peeled and cut into strips - I used about 2 cups
  • ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, more or less, to taste - I used about ½ teaspoon, which was delightfully spicy!
  • 1” piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • ¼ teaspoon kosher salt 
  • Dash ground cinnamon, optional


    Click on photo to enlarge

    Directions


    Place all ingredients in a medium size bowl with lid. Shake/toss lightly to coat. Transfer carrots to baking sheet large enough to hold them so they are all uncovered and laying flat. 

    Roast in preheated 400°F oven until golden brown—15 to 25 minutes, stirring after 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve. 

    The fresh ginger and red pepper flakes compliment the carrots well! Please share this idea for others.



    Comments