Curried Celery Soup

I wish my husband enjoyed blended/unusual soups as much as I do, because I love this one!

Some of the ingredients I used

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon died rosemary leaves
  • dash crushed red pepper flakes, optional
  • 4 cups celery, chopped
  • 3½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
  • ¼ cup uncooked long grain or whole-grain rice
  • Optional garnishes: nonfat Greek yogurt and celery leaves - the yogurt will mellow the flavor a bit

Directions

In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add curry powder, dried rosemary, and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir 30 seconds more. Add celery, broth, and rice. Bring to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer until celery and rice are tender--20 to 30 minutes.

Yum!!

Cool slightly. Transfer to blender and process until smooth. If desired, garnish with a dollop of nonfat Greek yogurt and celery leaves.

Enjoy! Let me know, if you have any questions.


Comments