Cucumber and Basil Gazpacho

Easy, delicious, and filling!

Cucumber and Basil Gazpacho - ready to eat!

Ingredients for 4 hearty or 6 light servings


  • 3 medium cucumbers, peeled 
  • 2 ribs celery
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded
  • 1 to 2 garlic cloves, crushed - I used 2 cloves, which I thought was a bit much (1 of my cloves was rather large, though)
  • 1 slice whole-grain bread, torn into pieces - I used ½ slice of my homemade whole-grain sourdough bread, which is sliced rather large 
  • ½ cup to 6 oz. nonfat Greek yogurt - a tub of yogurt goes bad before I can use it all, so I purchase yogurt in individual serving size containers, and try to adapt recipes to fit that size. The individual size I used in this recipe was 5.3 oz.
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1½ teaspoons salt 
  • ¼ cup water
  • 1 cup fresh basil
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley 

Directions

Chop vegetables into chunks. Combine all ingredients in blender except herbs (half at a time in two batches). Process until smooth. 

Refrigerate, covered, until chilled. To serve, blend in fresh basil and parsley until combined. Serve cold.

Feel free to share this post for others!



Comments