Cannellini Bean Salad

Easy, versatile, delicious, and healthy bean salad. Experiment with your own flavor combinations.



Ingredients for 4 servings

  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon red onion, minced - I prefer red onion; however, I often improvise when needed, and I used white onion when I prepared this
  • ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
  • 2 cucumbers, peeled (if desired) and diced - I did not peel them
  • 15 oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 red bell pepper, finely diced - I used yellow and orange bell peppers
  • ½ hot pepper, chopped, if desired - I used about ⅓ of a Hungarian pepper, as the one I had was quite large
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper 



Directions

Whisk together oil, vinegar, onion, and oregano in a mixing bowl. Add cucumbers, beans, and peppers; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.

Allow flavors to marry at least 30 minutes, then serve.

Enjoy!

Comments