Tumeric Cocoa

I learned about the benefits of tumeric when I was recovering from surgery. Working with the many tumeric cocoa recipe ideas I found online, I came up with the following combination, which I love. Along with the "recovery after surgery" benefit, tumeric has many additional health benefits, which you can read about on the WebMD site. If you are interested in the experience of bunion surgery, you can find that information in my surgery blog.

Delicious tumeric cocoa! 

Ingredients

1 cup unsweetened almond milk - *to use fat-free milk instead, see recipe variation below
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
½ teaspoon coconut extract
1 teaspoon honey
½ teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons cocoa

Directions


Whisk ingredients together, and simmer in a pan on the stove until warm and blended—3 to 4 minutes.

*Use the following combination in place of almond milk: ¾ cup fat-free milk, ¼ cup fat-free half and half, ½ teaspoon almond extract.

Please share this post for others!

Comments