Blueberry-Avocado Smoothie


This was my first smoothie with avocado in it. The avocado made it creamy without adding any of the avocado flavor. I imagine this may not always hold true, depending on the quantities in the combination. The quantities I used are listed below. There are many health benefits in this one smoothie: antioxidants, potassium, vitamin K, vitamin C, flavonoids, manganese, and more.

About ¾ of the batch

I often prepare foods based on what I have on hand, and I did not have any unsweetened almond milk or nonfat yogurt in the house, so I decided to give avocado a try. The following combination made 1 serving.

Ingredients

  • ½ avocado, pitted and peeled 
  • ½ pint fresh blueberries
  • 1 apple, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
  • ½ to ¾ stalk celery, cut in half 
  • Handful of ice cubes


Directions

Add all ingredients to blender, and process until thoroughly combined.

I would love to hear your flavor combinations! You can leave comments below, or on any of my social pages, such as Google+ and Facebook.


Comments