Seared Tuna Tacos

I combined a couple of recipe ideas for the following delicious combination! I used tuna, although I am sure this would be great with just about any firm fish, or even shrimp. Another great fish taco recipe can be found on page 124 in my book Eating Healthy Can Be Delicious and Easy.

Ready to eat!


Click on any photo to enlarge it












Ingredients


  • 8 - 10 oz. tuna steak
  • 1 tablespoon Cajun Blackening Seasoning - this can be purchased as a seasoning, or there is a recipe on page 31 in my book*
  • White corn tortillas
Toppings:
  • Wasabi mayonnaise - this can be purchased pre-made, or see directions below
  • Pico De Gallo - this can be purchased pre-made as a condiment, or there is a recipe on 42 in my book*
  • 4 oz. shredded cabbage or lettuce
  • 4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, thinly shredded
  • Radishes, thinly sliced
  • Avocado, sliced - optional
  • Fresh lime wedges and cilantro for garnish, if desired

Directions

Preheat oven to 375°. If tortillas are dry, lightly spritz each one with water to moisten. Wrap 6 to 8 tortillas in foil and place in oven to heat--10 to 15 minutes. I used to warm our tortillas in the microwave; however, I found that heating them in the oven makes them more pliable without falling apart, and they stay warm longer. This is more of a concern with whole-grain tortillas, as they tend to fall apart more easily than white flour tortillas.

While shells are heating, cut tuna steak into strips, and season with Cajun Blackening Seasoning. Set aside, and prepare Wasabi Mayonnaise or any other toppings that need prepping.

When shells are almost finished heating, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear steak pieces for about 30 seconds on each side (rare). 

I used yellow corn shells, as I did not have any white ones

Serve tuna in shells with toppings. 


Powdered wasabi available at Meijer

Wasabi Mayonnaise

2 teaspoons wasabi powder
couple drops of water or fresh lime juice
1 cup mayo

Measure wasabi powder into a small bowl. Add just enough liquid to form a paste, and then mix in mayonnaise. Let rest 5 minutes to blend flavors before using.

*If you do not have my book, and would like the recipe for Cajun Blackening Seasoning or Pico De Gallo, just become a follower, and then post a comment to let me know, and I will share the recipe(s). You can follow this blog, and you can follow me on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Pinterest.

Fresh Pico De Gallo

Please feel free to share this post for others!


Comments