Broccoli-Apple Slaw

I do not recall where I got the idea or ingredients I started with for this salad. I had some notes jotted down on one of my recipe pages, and put this together last night. We loved the flavor combination!

Some of the ingredients I used

Ingredients


  • 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
  • ½ teaspoon lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons mayo - I used Kraft mayo with olive oil; partial cracked pepper, and partial non-flavored.
  • 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon sugar substitute - I used Truvia
  • 1½ cups sliced fresh broccoli - Slice the stems, too; I did! Just cut off the tough outer skin before chopping.
  • 1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced
  • ¼ cup thinly sliced toasted almonds or pine nuts - I used Meijer True Goodness almonds, which I sliced and toasted.
  • 2 to 3 green onions, thinly sliced - May substitute finely sliced/chopped red onion, if desired.
  • 3 tablespoons dried cranberries - I used Ocean Spray Craisins.



Directions

Measure dressing ingredients into a medium bowl: milk, lemon juice, mayo, yogurt, cider vinegar, and sugar substitute. Whisk to dissolve sugar. 

Stir in chopped broccoli, apple, and onion. Add dried cranberries, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Since I used 2 tablespoons pepper-cracked mayo, and 1 tablespoon non-flavored mayo, I did not add extra pepper to the finished salad. 


Enjoy! Please feel free to share this post with others ~ 

Comments