Dry Ranch Dressing Mix

I prefer to make my own products when possible. I often come across recipes that have dry ranch dressing mix as an ingredient, so I decided to make my own. After doing some online research, I decided upon the following combination of ingredients. I have used this in Seven-Layer Salad, Creamy Cauliflower Lettuce Salad, and I have mixed it as you would the dry packets from the store into pourable dressing. All of the methods turned out great!



½ cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes, optional--adds a bit more flavor!
1 teaspoon dill weed
½ teaspoon garlic powder


Combine ingredients and store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.

When using in place of dry ranch mix in a recipe, I suggest starting with 2 tablespoons dry mix. When I prepared Seven Layer Salad, I used 2 tablespoons of this mix.

Seven Layer Salad sprinkled with 2 T. mix

To make this into dressing, combine equal amounts nonfat milk or buttermilk and mayo with half as much dry mix. If using milk, I suggest adding a dash of lemon juice or vinegar, as well. For example: 1 tablespoon dry mix, 2 tablespoons each mayo and milk, dash lemon juice.

If you like this idea, please share this post!

Comments