Roasted Cabbage

I had read a few recipes for roasting cabbage, and decided to try it last night. We loved this, so I am sharing our results!

ready to eat!

Ingredients - enough for about 2 to 3 people
½ head cabbage
extra-virgin olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Optional:
minced garlic, turkey bacon, or shredded cheese

Directions
Heat oven to 400°F while preparing cabbage.


Slice cabbage into slices. The thicker you slice the wedges, the crisper the finished product will be. I made different thickness slices since I prefer my veggies crunchier than my husband does.

ready for the oven

Brush rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Place wedges on baking sheet, and brush tops of cabbage with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. If using minced garlic, top with garlic, also. 

Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and gently turn slices over with a small spatula. If using cheese, and/or bacon, top with these ingredients after turning. Place bake in oven and bake for 20 minutes more.

We use minced garlic this time, and plan to try it with cheese and/or turkey bacon next time. Please share your ideas, too!

Comments