Healthy and Delicious New Snacks (Bean Stalks) by *Mediterranean Snacks (*now Saffron Road)

I was provided with free product and/or compensation for my honest review of this product. All thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own and are not influenced by the developing company, and/or its affiliates in any way.


Do you find it difficult to find something healthy and tasty to snack on when you want something crunchy, like chips? I do! — Well, I did, until I discovered Mediterranean Snacks.


We usually have nuts and Triscuit crackers (one of the few whole-grain crackers I can find) in our cupboards; however, before now, I had not been able to find a healthy chip-like snack that tasted good. I had the opportunity to try the new Bean Stalks by Mediterranean Snacks and blog about them, so I seized it.

First, the packaging and nutrition content for Bean Stalks

The snacks are packaged in a sturdy bag with a shiny mylar surface inside. My snacks arrived fresh with minimal broken pieces. The Bean Stalk bags can easily be recycled into small gift bags. Just turn them inside out, wash off any reside, and allow to dry thoroughly before using.

recycled gift bag containing
a small gift and stuffed
with green tissue paper


All three flavorssea salt, cheddar, and BBQ—are labeled with: Non-GMO, Gluten Free, and 4 grams protein. The first ingredient in each bag is beans, and then there are a few minor ingredient differences between the flavors. I am providing a photo of the packages, which you can enlarge by clicking on, and complete nutrition information can be found on the Mediterranean Snacks website.



On to the flavor and crunch taste testing of Mediterranean Snacks!

Overall, I liked all three flavors, and the crunch was excellent. My husband also liked all three flavors. More specific details are:

Sea Salt Bean Stalks
Sea Salt
This flavor was my favorite, although my girlfriend did not like the sea salt. I prefer plain potato chips, whereas, my girlfriend prefers chips that are flavored, so that may be why we had a difference of opinion. My husband, however, who usually prefers BBQ flavoring, thought the sea salt stalks had excellent flavor.

If you want something salty, this is definitely the flavor to try. The name fits! In fact, I thought they had a bit more salt than I expected. The good thing about that is that my salt craving was quenched before I ate too many.

Cheddar Bean Stalks
We all liked the cheddar flavor Bean Stalks. I like cheese puffs, and cheddar Bean Stalks are the closest replacement snack I have found since I quit buying cheese puffs. The cheese flavor was distinct, yet not overpowering.

Cheddar


BBQ Bean Stalks
I am not much of a BBQ fan, and I do not care for BBQ potato chips, so I was not sure if I would like this flavor. I was surprised that I liked it just as much as the cheddar flavored stalks. Again, the BBQ flavor was just right; it was distinct and not overpowering.

BBQ

I was also surprised that this was not my husband's favorite flavor. He loves BBQ—on his meats, chips, and anything else he can get away with. When I asked him which flavor he liked best, he said that he liked them all, and did not have a favorite.

Final thoughts on Bean Stalk Mediterranean Snacks

The Bean Stalks are very filling, and we all liked the amount of crunch. My husband said they are addicting; it was difficult to only eat a few. The serving size on each bag is 3.5 servings.

The Mediterranean Snacks website shows that their snacks are available at Meijer; however, I could not find Bean Stalks in the store near me when I went shopping at the time I wrote this blog post. After I wrote this post, I learned that Bean Stalks are not available in retail stores yet, and it will be a couple of months before they are on the shelves. I think we can expect to see Bean Stalks in stores around the end of summer.

Let me know if you have any questions, and please share this post for others. Happy snacking!

Comments