Vegetable Rice Salad

This makes about 3 to 4 servings. The first photo below is the leftovers we had after dinner for two with a fish entree.




Ingredients
½ to ¾ cup long-grain or brown rice or quinoa - I used long grain brown rice
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ medium cucumber, diced
½ pint grape tomatoes, halved - I diced up a tomato because I did not have any grape or cherry tomatoes
¼ small red onion, diced or 2 green onions, chopped
¼ cup chopped walnuts
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh basil - I did not have any fresh basil when I prepared this and took these photos (although I do today!), so I used 1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
½ teaspoon brown sugar blend




Directions
Cook rice according to directions. Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes, and fluff with fork. Add bell pepper, and next 8 ingredients; toss well. I actually cut up the remaining ingredients and measured them into the bowl while the rice cooked. I then added the rice and continued as below.

Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, and brown sugar blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over rice mixture; toss well. Serve at room temperature.

Comments