Creamy Cauliflower Lettuce Salad

This recipe is my variation of a popular salad recipe I have had for years. I added a few ingredients, and I changed some of the ingredients from the original version I had.

photo taken the next day

Ingredients
¾ cup mayo
Scant ½ cup nonfat yogurt
2 tablespoons grated low fat Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute
½ teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dry ranch dressing mix
1 tablespoon nonfat milk, if needed
¼ cup finely chopped/sliced red or green onion
2 slices cooked and crumbled turkey bacon - I used Jennie-O
Freshly ground pepper
1 small head cauliflower or ½ large head, cut into pieces
Torn romaine lettuce




Directions
Mix dressing ingredients together in a medium size bowl. Stir in onion, bacon, a few sprinkles of freshly ground pepper, and then cauliflower. The photo above has just a small amount of cauliflower stirred in. I started to add the cauliflower and then decided I should have taken a photo to show the texture before stirring it in. I used 1 tablespoon of milk.

As I have written in my book - I always use olive oil based mayo. Hellman's is slightly creamier than Kraft; however, the fat content is also higher. Therefore, I almost always use Kraft, although I occasionally purchase Hellman's.


Arrange torn lettuce on serving plates and then top with the cauliflower. May also add lettuce to salad in bowl, mix lightly, and then serve. This last photo shows all of the ingredients combined except the lettuce and ground pepper. I forgot to stir in the pepper so we added it at the table. The tiny bits of seasoning visible in the photo are from the dry dressing mix.

I took a photo of the salad at the top of this post with the lettuce when I had the leftovers for lunch the next day.


Ingredients from a different day above
Sauce before added below



Comments