Cherry Oatmeal

Delicious, with no need to add sugar or sweetener! The measurements below make one bowl, and the ingredients can easily be doubled.

photo before milk was added

Ingredients
1 cup water
½ cup rolled old-fashioned oats
2 tablespoons unsweetened dried cherries - I cut some of the larger pieces in half
1 tablespoon unsweetened or no-sugar-added cherry jam - I used sugar-free jam
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Measure water, oats, and cherries into a small saucepan on stove. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.

Stir in cherry jam and vanilla. Serve with milk.

My finished dish turned out thicker than usual because I had the heat on high for too long at the start (electric stove, and I did not notice it was boiling right away). That was okay with me, because I like plenty of milk in my oatmeal. I will be making this again ~ It was delicious!

Comments