Arugula Salad with Vinaigrette

I love this salad combination I put together from ingredients I had on hand! I did not measure the quantities. Just arrange the ingredients on plates for the number of salads you want. I made two salads, and the dressing recipe is enough for four.


Ingredients
Fresh arugula or baby spinach - I used arugula because that is what I had on hand
Black seedless grapes, halved
1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced - or, try a thinly sliced pear
Walnuts, chopped
Celery, chopped
Dried berries or raisins - I used a dried berry blend of cranberries, cherries, and blueberries
Vinaigrette
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon molasses
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1½ - 2 teaspoons Dijon, deli, or brown mustard - I used 2 t. deli mustard
2 teaspoons honey
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Directions
Arrange arugula or spinach on plates. Top with remaining salad ingredients. 

To make dressing, whisk together the molasses, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified. 

Drizzle dressing lightly over salads and serve. Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator. 

A small amount of dressing has a lot of flavor and goes a long way. I drizzled more dressing than needed in the photo above.



I had arugula to use and vinaigrette left over, so guess what I had for breakfast this morning! With just a drizzle of vinaigrette this time ~

Comments