Vinaigrette


This is one of my favorite all-purpose dressings for tossed salad. As often happens with me, I use this recipe for a guideline, substituting similar ingredients, when I do not have a item on hand.

Ingredients
½ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar - I did not have any white wine vinegar on hand, so I used White Balsamic Raspberry Blush Vinegar, hence the darker-colored dressing in the photos.
1 minced shallot - I did not have a shallot, so I substituted 1 tablespoon finely minced red onion.
½ teaspoon each kosher salt and freshly ground pepper - I used only ¼ teaspoon salt, and I did not miss any salt flavor.

Whisk ingredients together. Store in tightly fitting jar in fridge.

I thought the combination I used was delicious! The raspberry flavoring in the vinegar is very subtle, so this did not produce a sweet-tasting vinaigrette.



finished product
after being shaken well

  

Comments