Oven-Baked Curry Chicken

This is a great chicken recipe that now replaces the fried chicken I used to prepare many years ago. I have had this recipe for several years, and I do not recall where I got it. I do not think I have altered it much, other than substituting a couple of the original ingredients: whole-wheat flour for all purpose white flour, and chicken breast meat for chicken drumsticks, which have a higher fat content than white breast meat.

Ready to eat!

Ingredients
4 t. curry powder
½ t. cinnamon
½ t. cayenne
Salt to taste - I usually omit this, or I add just a pinch.
1/3 c. whole-wheat flour
3 lbs. chicken breast - I only used about 2 lbs. chicken this time, although the seasoning quantity is enough for more than that.
Olive oil

Directions 
Preheat oven to 425° f. 

Combine seasoning ingredients in a plastic bag or large bowl. Add chicken pieces, and shake to coat. I used a large bowl with a tight fitting lid to shake the chicken pieces.

Place chicken on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. I used my stoneware, which does not need to be greased. If you are using a regular baking sheet or jelly roll pan, I would spray it lightly with cooking spray first.

Bake 20 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes longer. I have also included a photo of this dish before it was baked, so you can see the amount of oil I used.

ready for the oven

Comments